site image


In 1971, Louis R. Marocco purchased the real estate at 119 East Market Street from the Catholic Diocese of Lafayette. The property was built in 1929 for the order of nuns known as the "Poor Sisters of Notre Dame". At the time of its construction, there were no less than 15 nuns at the St. Joseph Church living in the home. In 1971, there were only 3 nuns living in this 30-room house.

The property was sold for this reason. Louis R. Marocco, a native of Logansport and an embalmer and funeral director, established the Marocco Funeral Chapel, Inc. on December 5, 1971 and remodeled the building into the funeral chapel. Since 1971, we have realized 30 years of successful and gratifying service to this community.

Through the years Mr. Marocco has acquired four other properties on the corner of 2nd and Market Streets, providing a spacious parking lot, and a new garage with an apartment above it, which matches the original building where the funeral home is established.

Louis Marocco was elected and served as Cass County Coroner for 23 years.

Louis and his wife Margo, who was an Editor for the Pharos Tribune for many years, have resided at the funeral home for the past 25 years.

On October 1, 2007 Kyle L. Rans and his wife Stacy purchased the Marocco Funeral Chapel. Our pledge is to continue the highest standard of service that the families of Marocco Funeral Chapel have been used to since 1971. We will also continue to tailor our services to accomodate the needs of each and every family whether its a traditional funeral service or an immediate cremation. Marocco Funeral Chapel is still offering a full assortment of cemetery monuments, memorials, and markers.

site image
© 2017 Harrison-Metzger & Rans Funeral Home. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS